ALTI Lighting provides advanced lighting design and supply services to architects, engineers and interior designers with a particular focus on commercial and high-end residential projects.
Established in 1990 ALTI today is a second generation family business owned and operated by Todd Miller, son of the company’s founder. Our team of skilled and qualified lighting consultants have worked with many of Australia’s most highly regarded architects and builders and provided lighting design and/or supply services on many iconic commercial projects and architect-designed homes across Australia.
In addition to the design team ALTI represents and stocks products from over 100 suppliers across seventeen countries. It boasts one of the largest lighting showrooms in Australia and ranges the highest quality lamps, fittings and componentry available from around the world today.
ALTI ensures all products imported meet Australian Standards and the company provides full warranty cover on all products supplied.
Our in-house qualified electrician carefully checks all fittings and accessories for Australian compliance, and, as required can modify or customize fittings to suit particular applications or colour schemes.
The relatively young team at ALTI are all passionate lighting nerds determined to ensure ALTI customers have access to the very latest lighting design trends and thinking. And we literally travel the earth to find the best designed and highest quality light fittings and technology available.
We subscribe to the notion that lighting can make a tangible contribution to the value of a building, and the quality of lifestyle within it. We believe the real value is in the design; almost anyone can supply fixtures and fittings but it requires a combination of technical skill, experience and artistry to create elegant, efficient, life-enhancing lighting solutions.
Lighting technology has and continues to evolve rapidly with new designs, new energy efficiency, product innovations and of smart new technologies such as LED and the emerging ‘internet of things’. To keep pace with developments our Managing Director travels to key suppliers and major lighting industry events around the world several times each year, and our design team receive regular product and technical training to ensure their knowledge is right up to date.
We adapt our service to the client’s requirements so, for an architect, interior designer or builder we are often asked to provide a complete design and supply service, whereas in the instance of the client being an electrical engineer we usually provide technical specification and support as required, and subsequently supply of fittings and accessories.
Our team is equipped to provide original designs customized to suit the client brief, and also to supply the fittings and hardware that will deliver the designed outcome. Our lighting solutions include:
- Traditional – refurbishments or heritage projects
- Architectural – original design and/or technical consultancy and supply
- Landscape – outdoor and garden
Commercial Lighting Projects
We often work with lighting and electrical engineers on commercial projects but also have the in-house skill to engage with design & construct projects.
Areas of particular specialization include:
- Bar & Restarunts (past projects include Guild Hall, Sheraton, Crown, Mechanics, Propeller)
- Retail Shops
Residential Lighting Projects
Our lighting consultants work with all forms of lighting to create beautiful, efficient, functional lighting solutions that fit our client’s budget and enhance the lived experience and aesthetics of their home.
Our philosophy is that beautiful lighting is like ‘jewellery for the home’ and, having designed the lighting in hundreds of high-end residential projects, our consultants have the experience and skills to provide design, technical advice and hardware supply that will enhance your lifestyle and add value to your home.
We can adapt our services, all or in part, to suit the client’s requirement but typically a design and supply project would run along the following lines:
- Defining the brief – a Q&A session in which we ask most of the questions and establish the details of the client’s requirement.
- Presentation of preliminary concepts – our response to the brief is presented, usually including a range of options.
- Refinement to final design – based on client feedback from the preliminary presentation and any further discussions the concepts are refined to a final design.
- Finally full technical drawings and specifications are prepared and supply arrangements finalized
- Order management and delivery – When the client is ready our team will take your order and answer any technical questions you may have to ensure a smooth installation. All orders are packed and supplied on a circuit-by-circuit, room-by-room basis for ease of handling on site making life easier for your electrician.
- Liaison and technical support for installer/electrical contractor - We normally liaise with your electrical contractor and answer any queries they may have regarding the scheme. Our designer is happy to visit site to resolve any issues that arise, to assist with any late changes.
- Commissioning – again our designer will be happy to attend on-site during commissioning to ensure the scheme is delivering as designed or to help set up the control system if installed.
- Warranty – all designs and fittings supplied by ALTI are warranted and supported by ALTI. All fittings are checked and, if necessary, adjusted to ensure they comply with Australian Standards
To book your appointment
When you are ready to book your lighting design appointment, please call our Design Consultant on 08 9284 2203. Alternatively click through to our contact page and send us an email.