Jump to Navigation

CLARITAS FLOOR LAMP


CLARITAS FLOOR LAMP

Claritas is the first lamp ever designed by Vico Magistretti, produced with Mario Tedeschi in 1946, presented the following year at VIII Triennale in Milano at “Fede Cheti” section as response to the contest to develop a new concept of "Domestic Living" after the war bombings. The lamp is made by tubes and metal shades, curved and welded, originally meant to be utilizing the war-industry being reconverted to a domestic one. Today the structure recalls the original project with parts of the structure in chromed or painted brass, and painted aluminium diffuser.

1 x 150w E27
Black, White or Chrome
IP20
- Foot Dimmer control
- Collezione Permanente del Design Italiano 1945-1990, Triennale di Milano | Milan
- Philadelphia Museum of Art | Philadelphia
- Museum Für Gestaltung | Zürich
- International Design Museum | Münich
Italy




Vico Magistretti was born in Milan in 1920 and graduated in architecture in 1945. Besides being an architect and designer, Magisretti is also one of the most important urban planners in Italy. He is a founder of ADI, Association of Industrial Design and his works are displayed in the permanent exhibitions of 13 European and American museums. Mario Tedeschi was also born in Milan in 1920 and graduated Politecnico of Milano with Piero Portaluppi. He worked as an architect for the diocese of Milan designing churches S.Marcellina, S.Maria Goretti and S.Giovanni Bosco.